Small Church Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Small Church Community

Although we serve many denominations, we are a community of followers of Jesus, and we seek to support each other in fulfilling the Great Commission.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A New Model?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

A New Model? Empty
PostSubject: A New Model?   A New Model? EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 1:18 pm

It hasn't been too many years since each of my church's deacons was given a portfolio of responsibility. (By the way, that's a huge load off the pastor's shoulders.) The first deacon who had the Outreach Portfolio did a fine job with it. Those who benefited include Graham's Christmas Shoebox, the Salvation Army's food bank, Angel Tree and many, many more. BUT...
- Other than donating items, no one is actually involved in the ministry itself.
- All the drives have been filling needs, which is good. But it just doesn't feel like outreach.

I believe the ultimate goal of outreach is to expose people to the Gospel, so they can make a decision for Christ. And that really needs, at the very least, a follow-up face-to-face contact. I can't think of a single person who came to our church in response to some "outreach" effort of ours. So, we did make some changes over the past year. Before I share what they were, what outreach efforts of yours is working?
Back to top Go down
https://smallchurchcommunity.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

A New Model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Model?   A New Model? EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 8:16 am

Okay. We still do the needs outreaches described above, but a solitary deacon doesn't do all of them. Volunteers are recruited, and so just like that, there's been a 400% increase in the number of people actively involved. Also, a proposed neighborhood block "party" is getting looked at by a small committee.

I'm sick and tired of the effects that COVID had on America and the Church. It's past time to regain lost territory. (Hmmm. Do I still have a copy of The Prayer of Jabez?)

Back to top Go down
https://smallchurchcommunity.forumotion.com

A New Model?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Small Church Community :: MINISTRY :: Outreach-
Jump to: