Small Church Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Small Church Community

Although we serve many denominations, we are a community of followers of Jesus, and we seek to support each other in fulfilling the Great Commission.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

End Times Are Coming

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

End Times Are Coming Empty
PostSubject: End Times Are Coming   End Times Are Coming EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 1:07 pm

Only the Father knows when the Rapture will take place, but it sure seems like it is coming within our lifetime. I, for one, will welcome it with open arms. Things are sliding downhill so quickly.

I've been waiting for several months for a certain book to come out and it's now available. Pagan America - The Decline of Christianity and the Dark Age To Come.  The author published a column yesterday that summarized his key points, and I found myself agreeing with all of it. I should get the book early next week.

Today I was donating a bunch of books to the church library and I found a page of notes I had written in one of them. My title was "End Times To-Do List," and it looked like this:
- Develop spiritual gifts - Get lots of alone time with God and pray ceaselessly
- Study historical persecution
- Take a spiritual inventory and see where I'm lacking
- Identify and get rid of any obstacles between me and God
- Read Daniel 9 (a lot) and Exodus 14, too
- Ask for wisdom and vision
- Study Paul's life
- Identify any things that frighten me and find verses to fight them
- Fast more
- Schedule spiritual R&R (retreats)
- Ask God for and get insight on what I don't know about what's going to happen

I'd better get busy.
Back to top Go down
https://smallchurchcommunity.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: End Times Are Coming   End Times Are Coming EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 8:44 pm

I've just started reading Pagan America - The Decline of Christianity and the Dark Age To Come. It begins with a quote from the great English apologist, G.K. Chesterton...

"Some say it is impossible to return to the past; but the truth is that there is now nothing before us but the choice between two paths which both return to the past. We can return to some sort of Christian fellowship, or we can return to some sort of pagan slavery. There is no third road."

And in the years since he said that, it's pretty obvious which path mankind has chosen to take.
Back to top Go down
https://smallchurchcommunity.forumotion.com
ccm2361

PostSubject: Re: End Times Are Coming   End Times Are Coming EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 7:33 pm

It does feel like things are going from bad to worse.

All my life I have heard Jesus is coming soon!

Now I believe it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End Times Are Coming   End Times Are Coming Empty

Back to top Go down

End Times Are Coming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Small Church Community :: MISCELLANEOUS DISCUSSIONS :: Culture-
Jump to: